This method makes it a lot easier get in enough calories per day but it is not for everyone. If you have tried other ways to get in enough calories a day and you just find it way too hard then this might be worth a try. Because a gallon of milk contains between 1440 to 2560 calories depending on what percentage you choose that can easily fulfill the daily calorie requirement to support muscle gains. It also sports 128 grams of quality protein to help support muscle building and recovery. Not to mention it is also cheaper and for the most part better quality than the expensive weight gainers you see on the market today without the need for preparation provided you are near a refrigerator.
To get the most out of GOMAD
- Start with a smaller amount and work your way up to a gallon the first week
- Choose Lactose free milk if you have trouble digesting milk
- Space it out throughout the course of the day instead of all at once.
- Don’t forget to continue to eat your regular meals as well
- Train 3-4 times a week following a program like Arnold’s Golden Six or Starting Strength
- Be consistent and do it everyday or it won’t work for you
- After 6-8 weeks go back to a regular diet.
The gallon of milk a day practice works very well if your are the classic hard gainer (ectomorph) or perhaps you are new to heavy weight training for adding weight fast. Gains of 15-30 lbs in a month have been seen most of the time while following the GOMAD method. Of course some of this will be fat as well as muscle but for the crowd that GOMAD is aimed at this is the least of their worries.
Have you tried doing GOMAD before to gain size? If so what are your thoughts, feelings and results from it? Leave your comments below. Also if you want any more information you can drop us an email. If you liked this article, don’t forget to share it with others that may find it useful as well.